Published by on 11 Aug 2010 at 11:52 am
Buy False Alarm
You can also get links to buying False Alarm at my Spring Bay Press website, http://www.springbaypress.com.
Epub editionsFalse Alarm is also available for $5.99 in epub format at Kobo books, Nook, and iBooks
About this siteThis site is based on several years of research for a book examining the claims that humans are the main cause of global warming and that warming will be a disaster. My conclusion? Most of what we've been told about the causes and dangers of global warming is misleading, exaggerated, or plain wrong (including the claim that the planet is warming--it hasn't since 1998).
- University of Victoria promotes climate alarmism
- Back to the Future: Paradise Lost, or Paradise Regained?
- Alarmist climate science as a textbook example of groupthink
- Climate science’s decade of deception
- Alarmist climate science and the principle of exclusion
- The ‘accelerated’ warming that wasn’t….
- The past decade: warmer or cooler? Response to a reader II
- Polar bears: Maybe the prospects aren’t so gloomy
- Is climate science “certain”? Response to a reader I
- NOAA’s magic wand waves away 2000-2009 cooling
- Comment on Dr. Stephen Schneider
- Media appearances promoting False Alarm
- Rex Murphy slandered for stating a fact: the planet is cooling
- Consensus climate science: What would Thomas Huxley say?
- Glimmer of hope for consensus climate honesty is short-lived
Quote of the MonthThe triumphs of science are due to the substitution of observation and inference for authority. Every attempt to revive authority in intellectual matters is a retrograde step. And it is part of the scientific attitude that the pronouncements of science do not claim to be certain, but only to be the most probable on present evidence. One of the greatest benefits that science confers upon those who understand its spirit is that it enables them to live without the delusive support of subjective certainty.
-- Bertrand Russell, The Impact of Science on Society, p. 102.